Background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

grateful

Today I am grateful. Immediately I am grateful that I can't remember where I hid the Easter candy because I could really use some chocolate right now. But what I am most grateful for is my family. All of my extended family, but especially my little family and most specifically my wonderful, wonderful husband. Monday afternoon I came home to find Collin sitting on the couch with the church Nursery manual. We bought it with the intent of using it for Family Home Evening. Collin was reading through the first lesson "I Am A Child of God". He gave me a kiss and said he was going over the lesson for FHE. We've never officially had Family Home Evening with Ella. After we'd eaten dinner and Ella was in her jam-jams we sat down to have our little lesson. She sat on Daddy's lap while he taught her about Heavenly Father. He told her how much she is loved by both her Daddys. He taught her about heaven and about where she was before she came to live with us. I was amazed how Ella sat there holding his hand really listening to what he was saying. Collin then pulled out his scriptures and read us different verses about being Heavenly Father's children. We sang "I Am A Child of God" and said the closing prayer. Ella really loves her Daddy. She adores him. She loves listening to him talk and just sitting with him. But, tonight she loved him because he taught her about who she is. I am very grateful for my little family. But I am mostly grateful for a loving husband who took the time to teach our little one how precious and perfect she really is.

No comments: