Easter is one of my favorite days of the year. I always loved discovering what amazing dress my mom had made for me that year and I loved the egg hunt at Grandma Mueller's home. But, I really loved talking about Christ. I remember very vividly the day I understood that Christ does live and He will come again. I remember crying as I realized because of this day my family would live forever. We would be a family forever, together forever. I was in sixth grade and my sister Jessica had just died. How that knowledge has changed my life.
This year, being our first with Ella, was very sweet. During our morning cuddle time we talked about Christ. I told her what He did for us. I told her that she would be with me and Daddy forever. We would live together and see our Savior again. I don't know that Ella understood what I was telling her, but I do know that Collin and I will never stop teaching her about the true Gospel. We are so grateful for our Savior, His Sacrifice and the Plan for our little family.
I did get Ella a new dress (next year I will make it!) and we did have Easter baskets. The day was spent with all of our family. Loved every minute!
No comments:
Post a Comment